Hindu Kanya Collegiate School
Best School for Girls Education
Hindu Kanya Collegiate School Kapurthala started its journey as an independent unit from session 2004- 2005. Earlier, 10+1 and 10+2 classes were run under the aegis of Hindu Kanya College, Kapurthala. It is affiliated with Punjab School Education Board, Mohali for the classes from 9th to 10+2. In 10+1 and 10+2, we provide education in Science (Medical and Non- Medical), Commerce and Humanities stream.
This school is governed by Managing Committee, Hindu Kanya College, a registered body, comprising of 25 philanthropic citizens belonging to Kapurthala and adjoining areas, who remain deeply concerned with the education of girls.
Hindu Kanya Collegiate School has a four floor building which is being continuously upgraded with latest facilities to meet the needs of learners. The infrastructural facilities consist of:
1) Spacious and well equipped Class Rooms 2) It has a well furnished, fully computerised and air-cooled administrative block where experienced staff is always available to meet the requirements of the students regarding admission, registration, examination and all other problems of the students.
Classes & Board
Affiliation: 9th,10th,10+1 and 10+2 classes are affiliated with Punjab School Education Board, Mohali for eligibility rules, subjects, syllabi and examination system.
Streams: 10+1 and 10+2 students are allowed to join any of the following streams:
3. Science ( Medical & Non-Medical)
SOME SPECIAL QUALITIES OF SCHOOL
To assess the progress of the students, house examinations are held twice during the year.
1. A students abstaining herself from house examination shall be find heavily and can also be detain from appearing in board examination.
2. A student of all classes must obtain atleast 25%marks in the aggregate in house examination.
3. Exemption from an examination on account of illness or any other special reason must be secured personally from the principal well in time.
4. Incase a student falls sick during examination days, leave application supported by medical certificate should be submitted to the principal immediately after a student falls sick. No leave application will be entertained after the examination is over.
5. Absence or leave from examination for whatever reason means nil result and may cause detention at student’s responsibility.
6. A student found guilty of unfair means during an examination will be subjected to deterrent punishment, which may be expulsion from the college or disqualified from Board/University examinations.
7. Student getting top positions in their respective classes and in particular subject will be awarded merit certificates and prizes etc.
All the students are grouped into different tutorials groups with specific names for each group. Fortnightly meetings are arranged with important agendas for students. It is compulsory for the student to attend such meetings. These meetings help in close supervision on students and also for a better relation between teachers and the taught.
Competitive Examination Coaching Center:
College runs a competitive examination-coaching center to prepare students for different types of competitions at state level and institutional level. Special program is conducted for different types of competitions at state levels and institutional level. Special program is conducted for civil services in collaboration with ‘Sankalap’ of New Delhi with the help of college staff and professional experts from outside.